Friday, May 7, 2010

before and after....

I thought I would give you all an update on our new/old house. It's coming together nicely, I must say, and I am SO excited to see my our visions come to life :)

Here are some before pics and some things to note are:

  • Wallpaper. Lots of it. Ugh.
  • Orange carpet
  • Wall sconces with yellow lightbulbs
  • The drapery that hadn't been cleaned for probably 40 years. Not kidding.


  • The "light pole". Who invented that?! But I think Ross wants to keep it......
Sorry about the fuzzy picture...

This is during the process.....
Taking off that awful wallpaper made our poor walls sad :(




And finally, the after.

This is what was hiding underneath the carpet.
I know they're beautiful! But they'll still be stained :)



And MY favorite part about the house......this door. I love it! LOVE. IT.


So there are just some of the things we've done. And like I've said before, there's still LOTS to do. But we are so excited for it to finally be at a point where we can move in :)
I'll keep you updated on our progress. I've got lots of plans for this house :)

10 comments:

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

You house is looking so good! Keep up the good work!

Michelle Kelly said...

It looks amazing!! I love the color you guys picked out. I felt the same way when we painted our house to cover up the ghastly colored walls. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Jayme said...

Oh my gosh, Aubrey! That is an amazing transformation!! Very very cool! I'm looking forward to a visit! :)

Scotty and Michelle said...

Wow, it doesn't even look like the same house without the wallpaper and carpet!!

Annie said...

the hardwood floors are a great color already but i cant wait to see them stained!! i love how its coming together and i hope you would ask if you need any help:)

April Weeks said...

That looks so great! I love before and afters! I think the wood color is awesome now. I can't wait to see more!!

Ashlee said...

Great job! It looks so nice.

Nikki said...

What a treasure to have those hard wood floors under the carpet, that's awesome! It's looking great, can't wait to see more!

Chels said...

LUCKY!!!! Love the door, love the floors - it is looking great! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Nourishing Creations said...

Awesome!! good work. its so rewarding to have your own place and put all the time and love into making it your HOME!