I signed Brenna up for a gymnastics class at our local Rec Center. This is the first class she's taken that I haven't been right there to help her, or to tell her what to do. So, I was pretty nervous. Brenna, well...she was excited!!
They start out by finding and sitting on a carpet square. Then they do some stretching...
And somersaults down the ramp....
The next station obstacle course included the bars this time....
..and some more bars....
At the end of class, they each get 2 stamps and then they get to catch 'sticky bubbles'. These bubbles are different than regular bubbles...they're very sticky and don't pop as easily. I think this is Brenna's favorite part of the whole class :)
It's so interesting to watch your child take directions from someone other than yourself. Like I said above, this is the first class she's been apart of that I haven't been right by her side. So to watch her listen to her teacher (or get in trouble for not listening to her teacher), is different. But, I've got to let go of her sometime, right?
She's a good kid, and listens pretty well to others. And she starts preschool this year, so it's good practice.
Why do they have to grow up so fast?!
Love you, B!









1 comment:
wow what a class, I'm impressed with the bars, thats awesome. she's going to be a good gymnast. sounds fun
Post a Comment