Most of you by now have heard about or read my sister's blog about my nephew Noah. My blog is the only one that is not private so I thought I'd update you on his condition....
Here is an email from Jason that I got this morning:
{We spoke with the Neurologist who said the neurologists have consensus that he has encephalitis (although it's impossible to say that is it with 100% accuracy, that is what they all believe it is after further study of all the tests), which means he has some type of infection. They've been giving him medicine for an infection since last night, just in case he had one, but depending on what type of infection it is, the medicine may or may not be effective. They may never know what type of infection it is, as the reports from the lumbar puncture/spinal tap obviously don't include everything under the sun, but they can treat it regardless on a trial/error basis. We're not sure how long it will take him to get better, but he's clearly making strides. I'm also not sure how long they'll keep him in the intensive care unit, but I don't think they are used to a child this active here (I like to think it's somewhat refreshing to them).
The other good news is that after looking at his MRI the neurologists do not think there is any irreversible damage done to his brain (based solely on the MRI). This was very refreshing to hear. Nobody knows all the side-effects of seizures, but from what they can see on the MRI the impact to his brain is reversible...I have no idea if it will reverse by itself with time, or how that all works out...I'll be busy on the internet until the neurologist comes by.
Right now he's still doing good, no seizures since the one early this morning. Lots of good news today, I'm hoping that trend continues through the night. I'm certain the day wouldn't have gone so well without the prayers and fasting of so many, we're very grateful. It's a humbling experience to be on the receiving end of so many prayers. I know that Noah's improvement today, the doctors' ability to diagnose and treat him, and the comfort we have finally felt are all related to everyone's fasting today and our collective faith in the Savior and constant pleading to the Father. For that we are eternally grateful and we thank you!}
It has been a long, terrifying and emotional week in our family. Noah, we love you!! Linds and Jase, you two are amazing and I'm glad things are looking good :) Love you.


4 comments:
That is good news. Glad to hear. Keep us posted :)
Just read your sister's blog... sooo crazy! I am so sorry and I hope everything goes well. Love you guys!
Oh I am so sorry Aubrey!!!
Glad to hear he is improving. I hope it won't take too long for Noah to get back to his normal self. Give our love to Lindsey and Jason.
Post a Comment