Monday, April 2, 2012

what's going on.....

I'm finally catching up!! To my 4 readers of this blog, I apologize. I have TONS of pictures in my camera from over the last few months and I finally got around to editing and publishing them. Hooray.

So, some things that are going on over here...let's see.......not much :)

Brenna: is getting so big and tall. And her hair is getting long. She says she wants to cut it short "in the springtime"....well, it is now springtime and I'm not sure if I want it cut. Most days it's a mess, but on school days and Sundays she'll let me do it.
We just signed her up for soccer, which will begin in a few weeks. She is also taking dance lessons and she is loving it. She has her recital on June 21st. It's Cinderella and her age group is going to be pumpkins (when the fairy godmother turns the pumpkin to the carriage) It's a really cute dance, and it's so fun to watch her do it.
She is still loving preschool and sunbeams. It's amazing the things she remembers from class. She's pretty smart, if I do say so myself :)
Haha!
She is a great big sister and a big helper. Most mornings when I'm still trying to get out of bed, Brenna is in Maya's room talking to her and they'll laugh together....oh, it melts my heart.
She is still as sassy as ever. That's Brenna for you :)


Maya: This one....
She is at such a fun stage right now. She's not crawling yet (SO close!), and she's just happy. She does get in the crawling position and starts rocking back and forth, but then she'll flop to her belly. It's gonna happen soon, and it makes me a little sad. She is growing up way too fast, and I'm not sure I like it.

She is such a love. She loves to snuggle with her blanket (her deedee) and Brenna's teddy bear. She'll even give her toys 'kisses' if I tell her to.

She loves to eat. Mostly what I'm eating. Her favorite finger foods right now are bananas, peaches, bread, Nutri-Grain bars, noodles, peas, carrots and sweet potatoes. And she loves graham crackers. If I ask her if she wants a 'cookie' (graham crackers) she lights up and gets excited.

She loves to point at things and touch everything. She loves turning off light switches.She loves reading books and taking baths.

I feel like this kid understands what I'm saying to her and we communicate pretty well...for the most part :)
She does have a sassy side like her sister. If you take something away from her that she is playing with, you'd better watch out. She gets 'chatty' when she's tired. She loves to scream for no reason at all. Drives me nuts, but Brenna loves it. There should be a video at the bottom.....

overall, this baby girl is the best. She eats well, sleeps even better and has us all in love with her.




This picture with her Valentine's outfit on, reminds me of my sister Lindsey. Mymy looks so much like her in this.....anyone else think so?
Boo to snow.

But Brenna loved it.
We got to watch Coley for a week while his parents went on vacation. Brenna was in heaven! Poor Coley probably wanted to go home on more than one occasion. He got sick one night and threw up 3 times. Poor guy. But he bounced back :)
Here's the babe almost crawling...
Ooh, this face.

Loves balloons.



isn't that video a riot? I just love it.......

(if you're not picking up my sarcasm, you should. I'm laying it on pretty thick)

5 comments:

Tauni said...

Wow Brenna has gotten long hair and those kiddos are so cute! I lost your number when my phone went on the fritz! We would love to have you guys over for a BBQ. Cute cute pics

Queli said...

Those girls of yours are so cute! I can not believe how big Brenna is. I love seeing your blogs and what you guys are up to. Hope all is well!

The Arbuckle's said...

I'm one of your readers that's for sure.
Your kids are so stinkin cute. I still picture Maya as a baby and not almost a one year old.

Brenna is getting so big, I can't wait to hear all about her dance and soccer. I can't wait to see all of you.

Miss you tons.

Scotty and Michelle said...

Love the video, and I love the squishy face she's making in one of the pics! Brenna looked just like Lessey in the video. :)
Thanks for updating, your girls are just adorable!

Leslie said...

hahaha, love the screaming (at your house of course) hahaha. love all the pics. blogs are so great to put pics there instead of the way i have all mine stored (big bins) :(. i guess i need to start blogs of all you kids when little then i can throw all the pics away. YEA!