Sunday, April 25, 2010

our day....

.....was hard. And happy.
It was the one year anniversary of my dads passing. We all got together and went to sacrament meeting with my mom. It was so nice being together (Linds and the kids are in town!), laughing, crying, chasing kids, kissing babies, eating and again being together :)

After sacrament we headed up to the grave....

april 25th 2010 010 copy


...where the kids let the balloons fly up to Papa.
april 25th 2010 018


The red one is B's.....
april 25th 2010 026


Whoops! B's balloon pops in the tree. Don't worry, I'm sure Papa still got it :)
april 25th 2010 030

I want to write my thoughts and feelings about this whole experience, but I find I can't. I'm not good with words or expressing myself. Maybe someday I'll be able to without crying into my computer, or maybe I won't.
I came across this song (I can't even listen to it when it comes on the radio....cause I'll cry :) and I love the last verse.

Old man, hospital bed,
The room is filled with people he loves.
And he whispers don't cry for me,
I'll see you all someday.
He looks up and says, "I can see God's face."

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This was just a stop,on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know... this was
My temporary home."

Love you Dad.

4 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

Oh my goodness. Beautiful post. I love the song, i'm crying all over my computer.

Love you

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been one year already. I'm glad all of you guys were able to get together as a family and spend that time together. Hang in there!

Jayme said...

That is soooooo sweet! I had to fight the tears...

Nourishing Creations said...

hugs. thanks for the song words, give me a moment to think about my dad too.
I did giggle at the ballon popping =/ ! B is so cute!