Wednesday, February 16, 2011

baby sister.....

Here are some ultrasound pics of baby sister.
This little girl is active. Maybe it's because momma eats a lot of sweets. Or maybe she's ready to come out and play.
She is nestled very low in there, which makes it painful to get up from sitting, or when I'm walking around. Not fun.

I will be starting my 23rd week soon. We passed the halfway point which went by fast, but I know the last few months will drag on. That's OK! As much as I want to get her here and kiss those cheeks, there are A LOT of things I need to do before that can happen. For starters, I need to get Brenna in her big girl bed and off of the crib mattress on the floor.
*Sigh*
So much to do.....and so little motivation energy to do it :)


So that's the latest on baby sister. No name yet. Ross and I both have lists with a few names that we each like, but it's just deciding (or agreeing) on one. I love simple, classic names. Easy to spell, easy to pronounce.
Maybe I'll just wait until she's born to see what she looks like......don't know if I can do that.

Brenna seems to 'get' that there's a baby in mommy's tummy. Every time I eat/drink something she says "Baby sister is drinking the water!' A lot of the time she'll pat my tummy and say "Hi baby sister!'
It's pretty cute.
She says this new thing now..."Mommy! I feel the spirit of my heart!"
"Oh yeah? What does your heart say?"
"It says that I love mommy, daddy and baby sister!"
Hmmm, don't know where she got that, but I love when she says it.

More good news: we are finally working on our basement, and the progress has been quick! The sheet rock is up, there's texture on the walls, and they are tiling the bathroom down there as we speak! I can't wait to show you the before and after pics. It's amazing! Even if we don't do another thing down there, it's 100 times better than before. Love it.

And that's what we're dealing with over here. A lot of dust, a lot of baby kicks and a lot of Brenna saying some pretty funny stuff.
Life is good.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

ohhh i love that saying. i feel the spirit of my heart. how precious. make sure you write those things down. i can't wait to see the basement when its finished. hope things are looking up for you guys. love ya

Kendra Meyers said...

Hey Aubrey. Just read over your last few posts and it sounds like you've had a rough couple of months. So sorry. I don't know if Brenna is still having night terrors, but if she is, try giving her a nap during the day or putting her to bed 30 minutes earlier for a couple nights. My second daughter has had night terrors before (still does occasionally) and I read someplace that night terrors are more common in children who are over-tired. I've tried to nap or put my daughter to bed a little earlier when she has night terrors and it has worked every time. Maybe it won't work for you, but it's worth a try! Good luck with potty training and the pregnancy too.

Tauni said...

Sounds positively wonderful in all areas! Brenna's sweet sayings are just the best!

Bruce and Mitzi said...

First of all, congrats on #2! That's so exciting! Brenna is so cute, and reading about her cracks me up! What a cute girl!

We got Carter's jammies at Kohls. They have been a HUGE hit! And as for miss Kaylee, I really shop all over for her...some of my favorite stores are Children's Place, Old Navy, and Carter's, but I get her stuff all over the place...wherever I find something cute!

Good luck with everything!

Lacey Voris said...

i didn't realize how far along you were! so exciting though!

The Arbuckle's said...

Oh miss B sounds like a fun little girl. I can't believe you are 23 weeks! It seems like it has gone by fast, for me.

Glad to hear your doing well. Love you.

Chels said...

Brenna is so sweet! Cant wait to see your basement!

Lyman and Dee Gifford said...

We are excited for you guys for the new little girl. That will be so much fun. Your mom is getting quite the grandkiddos. Best of luck to you all. Love you guys