When we bought the house, I really thought we wouldn't touch the downstairs. I thought we'd get all of the upstairs updated and looking nice....and maybe work on my kitchen (and get me a dishwasher!). But Ross had other plans.....and after talking about it for awhile, I think he was right.
We need a bigger space to hang out in, watch TV together, and store all of the many toys that are taking over my house. So we went for it......
Before I show you these, remember it is an OLD house and no one has touched/updated it since 1970. Some have called my basement 'scary', but it's a work in progress and I think it will be one of the best spaces in my home.
OK, here we go......the before's....
They had these HUGE metal vents that went from wall to wall. We had to duck to get into the back rooms. And the pic on the right is the downstairs bathroom. It was pretty disgusting, and it had a shower coming out from the wall. No shower stall to stand in, just a shower head in the wall and a drain right in the middle of the floor. Gross.

We tore out the cupboards to make space for a big shower....

Ripping out the old bathroom.....
And now.....we had someone come and make the vents smaller, then we made soffits, and drywalled them. Looks so much better, and now we don't have to duck.
That new dry wall is where those cupboards used to be...
See? No more ugly vents!
Here's my 2 favorite people painting the bathroom together....
And the after pics. We put all new tile down there and new plumbing. Hopefully this next week we can get our fixtures in and then have 2 working bathrooms!
Still much to do, but at least it's a start. Even if we didn't do another thing down there, it's ten times better than what it was :)
Painting and carpet will (hopefully) be next.....















8 comments:
Wow!! I am impressed and can't wait to see it finished. We love our downstairs, it adds so much more to your family and house to have a place to go and be together.
How nice! We have a scary bathroom in our basement that needs some major work done too, we just leave the door shut though :)
ohhh it is looking so nice. can't wait to see the finale. Your painters are so good, do you hire them out? haha love to ya. nothing like making a house your own.
The progress looks great. I need to come and see your house.
So exciting! That does look much better...would love to come see it when you are finished!
Wow! I am very impressed!
That is looking so great. I think i was one of those people that called your basement scary. But I'm glad you will have extra space for all the toys.
Wait, who said your basement was scary? Ha!
I want to see it in person!!!
Post a Comment