Yesterday was an exciting day over here. We finally got new windows installed!!
Our old ones were....well, old. Really old.
And gross.
They were so old that I couldn't open any of the windows upstairs. All I wanted to do was open a window and let some fresh air in.
The casings were aluminum, which back in the old days was good, I guess. But they were a nightmare. If it was windy outside, we could here it loud and clear. They got really hot in the summer and freezing in the winter.
Anyway.. here are some before pics...
This is the kitchen window. I've tried to scrub this window, but it's no use. It gets stuck and I can't reach my hand in the little opening.
The outside of the kitchen window
The bathroom window. This was our real concern. (Sorry about the bad picture). Those are glass blocks and the center one opens up just a crack. It's so weird.
Every window guy that came through to give us a bid (there were 3) came into the bathroom and said...'What the....?'
Now you know how I feel.
The outside of the bathroom window
And now the afters...
The kitchen...I can open it!!!
The 2 front windows. Yes I know the wrapping are still brown. They're perfectly fine and we'll get around to painting them.
Someday.
And the bathroom window. This window is an 'Ultramax' window. We upgraded just this one because we don't have a fan in this bathroom so it gets really steamy after a bath or shower. So the top (and the bottom) of this window open up. And I can move the screen up and down depending on which one is open. Love it.
The house is coming together quite nicely, I must say.
In the basement we need to prime one more room ( and paint baseboards) and then we can start painting the color I chose! The carpet is ordered and hopefully will be here in 2 weeks, which by then we should be done with the painting.
Hopefully :)
And then baby sister should arrive.
Yikes.










5 comments:
LOVE IT!! yu should let us know if you need help. Ben is very handy for those things
Awesome! Love it!!
nothing like getting new updates. its really coming together nicely. tell us when the paint party is happening & we will bring some pizza. haha. love to you and hope baby sister doesn't come sooner. haha
Ahh new windows, that must be nice. I can't wait to see all the changes to the house. Its looking so good, completely different house than before.
I love them, they look really nice! Maybe I should come out sometime and help you put the nursery together... I got nothin going on:)
Post a Comment