Thursday, July 17, 2008

poor kid

Brenna has a hernia :( Her Dr. discovered it at her 4 month check-up. He asked if I had noticed the swelling between her legs. Um...no! She has so many fat rolls, how was I supposed to notice this? At her 6 month check-up, he told me to visit a urologist, which we did today. He confirmed that it is indeed a hernia.
Poor kid.
Apparently they're more common in boys, but girls can get them too, obviously. There's 2 small holes that the ovaries ( and testes in boys :) pass through that usually close up by themselves. Hers didn't. So they do a MINOR surgery......the surgeon was so cute, he said it's minor for him, but MAJOR for me.....it only takes 30 minutes to repair. I had my list of questions for the surgeon and he took his time and answered all of them! I feel better, but still nervous to see my baby have to go "under." We've scheduled it in September. I'm sure I'll blog about how it went :)

And this post wouldn't be complete without Brenna! She had just woken up from her nap and her hair was everywhere. Now you know why we call her "crazy hair ma Gee!"

8 comments:

Nourishing Creations said...

Bummer :( That is too bad about the hernia. I hear they are pretty common in babies though! Does she have a little bulge around her bellybutton? (that's not baby-rolls- I think that would be hard to spot too.) I guess the bulge's can be in different places depending on the baby. I'm glad you found a experienced surgeon who thinks it's MINOR. That's a big deal for a little girl and new mommy! We'll keep you in our thoughts

Chels said...

Oh Aubs, I'm sorry! Everything will be alright and you guys will be in our prayers. Love the hair!

The Arbuckle's said...

Poor baby Brenna.

I totally agree with the surgeon, MAJOR for the mommy. Our prayers and thoughts are always with you and your family.

Brenna is one beautiful little girl. She has changed so much. I can't wait to kiss her.

Kacee said...

Gosh, I am so sorry! There are too many things that can go wrong with kids! I think Chase had a hernia when he was a kid too and had surgery. I hope you don't worry too much this next month, I would be freaking out!! Poor little thing!

grandpa brad said...

I know how you feel Aubs, when Linds had surgery and I had surgery at the same time i was so worried!! I couln't hold her or kiss her for so long... it 's a lot harder on parents!! also lovbe the hair & those blue eyes!!!

Leslie said...

oh her first owie ( is that how its spelled) I lost my sckul learning for a minute, haha. Oh that is so hard when your baby has to do that, I felt terrible with lindsey when she was 3 and Kate was the nurse at primary childrens & I turned her over to take, I cried and cried, but it will work out great. love to you all. her hair picture will come back to haunt her when she is 16. haha

Addi said...

Yea! Not for the hernia, but for being reunited! What a beautiful little baby you have. And I love hearing your voice in the video on the side.

Good luck with the surgery. I'll definitely be checking back to see how things go!

Paige said...

Oooh, I'm sorry to hear that about Brenna. It is always hard when you have to see your kid go though anything like that.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brenna's hair its crazy how long it is getting, you've got one cute baby!
It was fun to see your comment on my blog,thank you. It's good to keep in touch with you.
So have you been out helpin in the office much?