Saturday, September 27, 2008

surgery day

Yesterday was Brenna's surgery to repair her hernia. We went to Primary Children's at 6am, and her surgery didn't start until close to 8 (the Dr. was late!) But everything went smoothly. She stopped eating at midnight which I was nervous for, but she did great. Didn't even cry when the anesthesiologist took her from me to take her to the surgery room! She didn't even look back.

Her she is arriving at Primary's
She immediately did her cheesy face when I pulled out my camera. That's the nurse walking in.
Coming out of the anesthesia. Yuck, no fun.
(These next pics are out of order.) Here she is at home. I think she feels fine!


This is right after we got home so she's still out of it. I said to Ross that it was kindof nice having her be so sleepy cause I got to hold her and cuddle her, which she NEVER lets me do!

Driving home from the hospital.
We're so grateful that everything went well. Thanks for all your prayers and concern!

14 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well, poor little B!
get well soon Brenna:)

The Arbuckle's said...

Poor Little girl. I'm glad everything went well, I was thinking of her all day.

Grandmakicki said...

So glad that everything went well. So early in the morning to get going I hope you slept well the night before. Glad that we could be a part of praying with you.

Shanna and Brent said...

so glad that everything went smoothly... Jackson is getting his tonsils out in October and I'm super nervous for the anesthesia!!! but maybe then he'll let me hold & cuddle him!!! :)

Leslie said...

I think its harder on the parents than the child. I cried when lindsey had surgery at 3, thank goodness she can't remember. I am sure you were a little teary eyed too. that is hard handing your child over and trusting all will be well and thanks goodness it was. love to you baby girl

Bruce and Mitzi said...

I'm so glad it all went well. I didn't know they did those surgeries so early. Get well soon, you cute girl!

Becki said...

I'm SO glad everything went well. She is as cute as ever and I hope recovery goes well too!

Nourishing Creations said...

Aw! I'm glad she and you guys are doing well! I cherish the few rare cuddle moments too! our girls are on the move!

Ben and Ash said...

Oh Aubrey...I thought about little Brenna this weekend. I'm glad all went well. I hope she remembered not to wear mascara to her surgery...the results are not good. :)
xoxo

Shad and Brittany said...

It is no fun to have your kids in the hospital, unfortunately we know how you feel all too well! Brooklyn has surgery (AGAIN) in November. I am glad everything went well.

Kacee said...

I am so glad everything went well! That would be so scary! What a sweet little girl you have.

Waltman said...

I'm so glad everything went well! That sad little face is heartbreaking.

Nikki said...

So glad it went well! I know the feeling of handing your baby over to the dr. and watching them close the doors on you with your baby! Glad you got through it and she's ok.

Christine said...

so sad that she had to have surgery...but i am gald it all went ok...that must have been scary though to see your little baby go under...oh and that big bump on her head...ouch! She is a tough cookie though...speaking of cookies...so i love the melting pot! oh...we went a few times before we moved with my family and i just couldn't get enough of the dessert ones...soo yummy!