Monday, July 27, 2009

the 24th...

We love the 24th! The family, the food, the fireworks. Nothing better.

Here's Ben and Lorena..they came over to eat and watch the Liberty Park fireworks from our front yard.
B and Grandma (or Gago as B says)









Her first sparkler....




I just have to add some funny, random things that Brenna has been up to lately...
She still loves water and is getting really good at her swimming lessons. What a relief :)





The other day we had her stroller in the living room (not sure why) and she wanted to stand in it. So while she was standing in it, she took off her diaper and peed in her stroller. I was so mad and found myself saying "No, no! Wait til your dad gets home!" Shortly after, daddy walks in, Brenna's in the tub, I'm trying to take off the soaking stroller covers....she looks at daddy and says "No, no!" as she points to the stroller.






Brenna eating her first happy meal. She LOVES french fries! Her daddy is so proud :)







Reading and rocking her baby to sleep.


She is getting harder and harder these days. She has a mind of her own, that's for sure. But she's had it ever since she was born. She is her own person who likes to do things at her own pace and time. Sigh....she makes it hard sometimes.
But then she makes it so easy to love her. Like when she folds her arms when we're saying prayers...then giggles. When she puts her head on my shoulder and pats my back. When she repeats EVERYTHING you say to her. When she pulls out our hymn book and starts singing....I could keep going.
I guess I needed to remind myself that this stage in her little life will pass quickly and I should cherish it. :)
Geez, I sound like my mom......







9 comments:

Trieste said...

So cute! I think kids do have their hard times, but they are so darn cute you can't help but love them. I think it must be hard for them too, they want to do what they want to do and we don't let them sometimes. I find myself often trying to remind myself that it's a two-way street and that they just don't quite understand sometimes. Although this time is frustrating at times, I love that we are their best friends and they sincerely love us and want to be with us all the time. We won't always have that!!! I'm glad swimming lessons are going better too!

Lacey Voris said...

cute! it looks like you are having lots of fun with the little one. hopefully it is just a stage she is going through :) keep going strong and you will be fine ;) i say that, but no experience here...yet

Annie said...

silly little Boo! what a stinker she is but at least she's cute! looks like alot of fun for the 24th too...

Nikki said...

I love it, I love how you get a whole new perspective on things when you become a mom and the light bulb goes off, that's why my parents said that! Then I think, I hope that it doesn't take my kids so long to get things! :) You are in a hard stage right now (at least it always is for me) but for me things start getting better (in ways, some things get worse :)) at around 2. It's a good thing they're so cute so we can try to focus on that!!!

The Arbuckle's said...

I totally forgot it was the 24th. Looks like you had a great time with the wentworth's.

As for miss Brenna Boo... Good Luck. It is so easy to forget the sweet things they do when they are acting like a monster. Let's hope she grows out of her attitude (right).

Love the story of the stroller, no no.

Leslie said...

sounds like someone is ready for a potty chair. hahaha. oh what fun. its just beginning.

Hailey said...

Sam also loves fries. Is it bad when you son knows what "IN and OUT" is? Nick was wondering if you could bring some games on Monday also?

Oh, Sweet!... said...

She has grown up so much! She is not a baby anymore! She looks like a little girl. You are right. This time passes so quickly. Keep loving all those cute momments. They are gone before you know it.:) Sure miss you girl!
Amy

Oh, Sweet!... said...

What a doll! She has grown up so much! She is not a baby anymore. She is a little girl! You are right, enjoy all the cute little things they do. It is gone before you know it. Sure miss you girl!
Amy