Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mother's day weekend.....

We headed down to St. George for Mother's Day weekend.

It was 90 degrees, and it was heaven.

Of course we swam and played in the pool most of the time. The other times we relaxed.




On Saturday Ross played golf in the morning with his dad and brother, and I got to go shopping with my mother in law. Then that night Ross and I got  to go out to dinner, just us. Very romantic :) Yep, us at Outback Steakhouse stuffing our faces, me trying to talk to Ross while he's watching the basketball game on the TV behind me.

*sigh*

Story of my life.....:)

No, it was actually really nice to not be interrupted by the 3 year old wanting to know everything....We had an adult conversation. It's nice to know that we're on the same page about things, even though we don't discuss them regularly. Love that guy!

Sunday for Mother's Day, Ross had to head back home while B and I stayed behind one more day. But they did surprise me with a Kindle. And I have to say, I am LOVING it.

Thanks buddy and Brenna for being so kind to mommy :)

And Brenna and I had lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa Moore who live down there. We love spending time with them and Brenna always asks them if she can have some M&M's :) And I always ask for the homemade Pepsi! AH, it's the best.

It was great to get away and get some sun on our skin. How we've missed it up here.
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mom's that I know. Especially my own. There are no words to express how much I love her.
And Happy Birthday to my Dad. Love you and miss you.

4 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

That sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

Scotty and Michelle said...

I'm totally jealous of your vaca and the warm weather!

PS - if you like word games, you can download Every Word on your Kindle - I am obsessed with it and could play for hours!

Annie said...

Mmmmm, the sun... how I miss it.
Great pictures, looks like alot of fun.

Leslie said...

oh we love st. george. glad it was warm enough for you, we are sure tired of rain here. glad you had a great mothers day weekend. appreciate all you do also & what a great mom you are. love ya